As economical as lithium-ion batteries get! The Enerwatt WPL31 is a 12 Volt 110 Ah LiFePO4 battery (group 31). These batteries are 1/3 of the weight of an equivalent lead-acid battery, and last thousands of cycles. Ideal for renewable energy, motor homes, RVs, and boats!
Enerwatt is a Canadian brand, and the warranty is with a Canadian company.
- Long lifespan, true deep-cycle: 3750 cycles at 80% DOD, more if discharged less
- Maximum continuous discharge current of 100 Amp, peak of 120 Amp (10 sec)
Safest and most stable type of lithium battery cell
- Can be installed in series or parallel for 12 and 24V systems
- Zero maintenance and no memory effect
- Compatible with standard charge controllers
- 1/3 the weight of lead-acid & small footprint
- Low self-discharge rate - holds charge up to 1 year
- Can be mounted in any orientation
- Can be installed indoors with no hydrogen gases generated and no dangerous acid
- Built-in battery management system and safety protections. Active cell management through included battery management system (BMS)
- 3 year warranty
The Ah rating of this battery has silently gone from 100 Ah to 110 Ah. That is what is printed on the WLP31 batteries we currently have in stock, and what they test as. The spec sheet still shows 100 Ah, it has not been updated, so please ignore that part. These batteries really are 110 Ah.
Dimensions: 220 x 172 x 330 mm (8.7" x 6.8" x 13")
Weight: 12 kg (26.5 lbs)
- 12 Volt, 110 Amp hour @ 10 hr discharge rate
- Discharge Temperature: -20°C to 60°C
- Charge Temperature: 0°C to 60°C
- Maximum discharge rate is 100 Amp continuous, and 120 Amp for 10 seconds.
- Safety protections: Over and under charge, low voltage disconnect, over-current, and automatic cell balancing.
- Bulk/absorb = 14.2 – 14.6 Volt, with 14.4 Volt ideal
- Absorb time = about two hours, or until the current drops to 5A or less.
- Float = not needed, set to 13.6 Volt or less
- No equalize, or set to 14.4 Volt if it can’t be disabled
- No temperature compensation, set to 0
- A charge rate of up to 100A is possible
These Enerwatt batteries are meant for 12 or 24 Volt systems only! So no more than 2 batteries in series, the BMS is not designed to handle over 24 Volt. They can also be connected in parallel to increase the Ah rating. Parallel strings of batteries will increase the charge and discharge rates (i.e. 200A continuous current for two parallel strings etc.). Ask us if you have any questions about properly sizing a battery bank.
The recommendation is that for more than 3 batteries or strings in parallel series fusing is added to protect each string or battery. A 200 Amp series fuse for each string will do, so in case of a short-circuit in a string, and the other strings of batteries discharging into that short-circuit, it will blow the fuse.